Saturday 19 January 2013

My life sucks...and yet it rocks!

AH...life's pretty much exams, studies, friends...and drives me damnation crazy (apologies, but I have a bad habit of cursing). This whole week, I was kept on my toes--studying, dance classes, preparing for the PSA, school responsibilities...with no respite at all, save for nights, which I reserve particularly to introspect, to think out my past, present and future, and my influences and other stuff.
Then, today afternoon, I was just idly browsing the net, when I came across some real visionaries, who, despite being very well-educated, chose to contribute to their society at large. There were people from all age groups--including a girl of my age! Seeing them, I wished I could, too. It's not that I don't want to. I have the resources too, to start. But...where is the permission? Where is the freedom to do so?
I don't bother. I try and do as much as I can for everyone else. It's every person's duty, too. And there's no better medium to do so that the great big World Wide Web! Oh, I revere this great community indeed!
I really don't know what's going on in Delhi, and pretty much everywhere. I mean, one one hand you get to see friends richer than Bill Gates probably (too exaggerating, I guess :P) visiting every popular country, shopping in the chicest malls, eating French cuisine and nonsense--and on the other hand, poor and destitute people being exploited worse than anyone else, humiliated and insulted just because they happened to be poor. They won't get a proper tap to wash because they've no money, they have to manage at the banks of dirty rivers; they won't get food because they don't have a sickly card, and so on.
But why am I talking about this, is what the reader would ask. I also belong to those upper-middle class families; I won't know anything about the plight of such people, and just end up giving a hypocritical and over-the-top report.
But what I want to tell you is: yes, even I have a heart, and so do many of my upper-class friends, who won't stop at helping someone in need. Only...we hope we get to, some day...
For now, exams are killing me as of now! I need to top in class, get a cool GPA and stuff, and I need to study-udy a lot. No problem, study comes to me naturally; I'm an academically inclined child, and so were my ancestors.
Strangely, I don't miss recreation in this time, particularly movies. Yes, I'm a movie buff, but in exam-time I am away in my own world. Anyways, the last movie I watched was Matru ki Bijlee ka Mandola...

It's so damn cold here, I am beginning to get sick of it (no, not the cold). Winters used to be my favourite season; I guess I've to change my mind! And that brings me to a curious thing: people would often ask me that in winters, people want to keep warm, while in summers, people want to keep cool. Why thus?
Must say, I found this intriguing at first, then fizzled out on realizing the answer myself--it's such a silly question! Simple enough: our body has an average temperature, and in seasons we feel hot or cold depending on the weather and our body temperature!
Oh dear, there I go again, talking nonsense!

And oh, good news. I shall be getting a Samsung Galaxy Note 2 within a year! Oh dear, am I thrilled! You see, my cousin got it on her bday, and my parents had promised it to me when I reach class XI--and that's hardly a year! Dear, I am sooo excited!
Until then, see ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment