Wednesday 16 January 2013

I've finally ended up with my own blog now, at the age of fourteen. And I am slightly nervous, for I think of myself as a flighty butterfly, never staying and sticking to one thing, always tweaking with everything. Lord, hope I stick to this permanently!
As of now, i am sitting at home, typing away. It thundered and rained here terribly in Delhi in morning, and so mother asked me and my brother to take leave from school.
My mother. I do not share very cordial relations with her, for the simple cause that our ideologies clash terribly, also our views on what my future should be. She believes that it's her moral responsibility to see me through engineering college in Delhi (yes--only in Delhi) and a good, secure job.
But I don't think like that. I want to live an uninhibited, unusual life, away from conventions and securities. I want to bring a change in our nation, too--just like Malala, whom I idolize, despite she being the same age as me. I happen to be a rebellious girl, a girl who likes to live life on her own terms, so I shall indeed do my way, and not favour my life being dictated in my parents's terms.
I really want to bring some happiness, some change into the lives of the underprivileged and poor and helpless, and this is something I am ready to dedicate my life to. I want to be known to the world as a strong-thinking, independent girl, who knows what she has to do, and does it. And I am certainly not going to stand my mother poking her nose unnecessarily into my life.
Sorry for this, I believe this must have bored you--just an ordinary teen's rantings. But really, this is troubling me so much, that I can't sleep. I fear slightly, of defying my family's strong intellectual and cultural backing and going my free-spirited way. But I have faith in myself, and God, too, and hence I hope I succeed.
Oh! There I go again! I shall go on and on about myself, even though there's a good deal else to talk--like the recent Munirka rape case, or my school, or the stupid politicians and godmen (only God knows why they call themselves messengers of god and equality!) who continue to view women as someone to be trampled upon, to be insulted whenever they wished. Infact, I was considering going to a certain godman's residence (I hope you know who I'm talking about) and slapping him with the pointiest of my slippers--imagine my glee on the thought!
There're two types of ordinary people who are treated worst of all: women, and devotees.
Devotees, you may ask?
Yes, devotees, of course. The way some stupidly pious devotees climb on their knees to reach the sanctum sanctorum, donate a fortune to already-overflowing-with-money temples (Anyone listening?) and perform the silliest of rites and stuff in the name of religion or sin, I am beginning to wonder where our common sense has gone. Straight enough--why can't anyone see that these temples are just centres of money-making and profit, pretty much like a marketplace, where they trade in people's simple devotion in exchange for money? Indeed, the profits earned by such a temple would be enough to finish off poverty from India! Great, I say. Keep it up. This is going to lead to devastation--and I hope not until I live.
Oh dear, I have to study now! Comment, everyone--and thanks for visiting this blog!
Bye!



No comments:

Post a Comment