Friday 25 January 2013

I have read so much about saints and great men attaining the Holy Realm, and have often wondered how immensely radiant and effulgent it must be. Sometimes, when my disobedient heart would stray away from my lessons, I would often wonder about reaching that great Radiance, and would long to attain it. I would promise myself that I would have nothing else to live for, if I ever got in contact with that Soulful Radiance.
But of course, people would scoff at me--a fourteen-year-old, and speaking on spirituality and such stuff!
So, off I go with it.
Life's just dragging on...and just recently, I've gotten a great desire to go to a foreign nation to study. I was flying away already, when a bundle of ACK (Amar Chitra Katha) comics put me back to my place.
I was reading comics on the lives of great social reformers, and their simple lives filled me with shame. I feel guilty of living in such a protected, cozy world, and not going out to help people out there. India's home to such great, lion-chested heroes--and what justice was I doing to them by indulging in stupid fancies?

And now, the big news. I've finally finished writing my first novel! My first novel guys! And I am on the fast-track to get it published!
But alas, isn't publishing quite quite a tedious job? Slow (and I say slow) and ever resting on tenterhooks?
The truth is, we might value our work a lot, and others might, too--but not the publisher. For him, it's just a bundle of papers waiting to be published. He doesn't care a damn about the fate of the book. Bitter, indeed--but the truth nonetheless.
I am currently reading Gandhiji's autobiography. And I am beginning to realize why he's called the Mahatma--and why he disliked being called thus. I'm not delving into it, no need to worry!

No comments:

Post a Comment